Monday, 20 August 2012

Ballerina

Mia had her first ballet lesson a month ago. I signed her up for a summer camp over five days to see if she would like it and she absolutely loved it. Immediately after the first lesson, she ran out of the room and said, "Mama can I come back tomorrow?" I suspect the leotard, tights, tutu and pretty little ballet shoes played a big part in her enthusiasm for it! At the end of the week, parents were invited to attend a little performance. After some basic ballet steps, the little ballerinas danced to several songs from Beauty and the Beast. Our little girl danced beautifully.

Pre-show photo shoot...
Paparazzi and his starlet
Warm-ups to start off the lesson...


Let the show begin... Beauty and the Beast...

Demure little Belle
All ready for the grand ball
Posing princesses
Finally, an encore at home for Koh-koh who missed out on the concert.

Smiley face pose (kiddie speak for first position)
Saturday night fever...ballet-style

1 comment: